Monday 1 July 2013

Love is all you need...

Hello, apologies its been such a long time since my last post.  The reason behind this is my daughter and her naps... or lack or them.  The terrible twos have hit and now I am no longer getting my window of crafting time.  I swear there are not enough hours in the day! 
 
I finally got to do some sewing at the weekend and was feeling inspired by a "HOME" picture I had seen ages ago by Dottie Angel, with a doily for the O in HOME (sorry I can't seem to find the original photo anywhere, but it was very similar to this image.) So I donned a floaty skirt to get me in the vintage sewing zone and set to work...
 
 
I have had this old picture frame (which I saved from the dustbin/freebie) knocking around for ages, and all the fabrics were either thrifted or from my scraps box.  The letters were all machine sewn on and I hand stitched the doily on around all the twirly whirly hoops with contrasting pink thread.  (It took a very long time!)
 
 
I also hand sewed this little hanging heart, to sit alongside the picture frame.
 
 
I even gave cross stitch a go for the first time in about twenty years.  It really was quite therapeutic! 
 
 
Slowly our little housie is becoming more and more homely... 
 
 
Happy little housie, happy little me :o)
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Great makes, I really like the combination of buttons and stitching on the heart. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Michaela, it was fun to get to use up some of my trinkety bits and pieces! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry chuck, I was trying to say that this looks amazing!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Mrs Bertimus, I really enjoyed this project x

    ReplyDelete