Sunday 28 April 2013

Don't mind if I do!

Hello, Happy Sunday!
 
I just thought I would share with you my lovely haberdashery purchases.  Its PearlyPea's Birthday this week coming and I was given an early gift of moneys.  Having a kid, I'm not used to buying myself "things" anymore, so unsure what to get myself I headed to my favourite little fabric shop... which is not so little and sells far more than just fabric!
 
I have loads of fabric already, in all sorts colours.  This is great if you want to make a rainbow, but not so good for colour schemes around the house!  I just never seem to be able to find the right fabric from my stash.  Plus you can never have too much fabric, right?
 
 
Firstly I picked up two more balls of Sirdar Snuggly double knit, to finish of my large crochet blanket project, (its getting there... I will update on its progress during the week.)
 
The three pieces of fabric on the bottom row are fat quarters for sprucing up my living room sofa.  I have just finished painting the fireplace wall in a really fresh looking pale green, that I mixed up from two other paints we had sitting in the shed, from our previous house.  Thrifty!  So now the colour scheme is starting to make sense in my head, I can add lots of little colour accents.  Of course nothing really "goes,"  as I have quite eclectic taste.  (I love that there is such a positive word for being mismatched!)  Anyway, I always think matching brown, with brown, with brown, or red, with red, with red, is really not very hard or creative! 
 
I just love the little tree fabric on the right!
 
The two pieces of fabric at the top are larger bolts of fabric, from the end of rolls.  I like  checking what bolts are available, as there are often popular prints, which are discontinued.  Fat quarters are better on the purse, but can be a little limiting due to their small size.
 
 
Since joining #PostCircle a few months ago, everything letter themed has caught my eye.  I thought I might turn this rose and letter print fabric into a lovely table cloth.  (You can find out more info on #PostCircle over on miss-beatrix blog.)
 
 
More rose print fabric, this time with a yellow pattered background.  Not really sure what I will turn this into just yet.
 
 
Last but not least, who doesn't love a miniature cake?!  These are not much bigger than a five pence piece.  I will add these to something for my daughter, as it will soon be time to get making for her Birthday.
 
The best part about today is that this little lot only came to £30.00, leaving me £20 cash, and...
 
 
...upon paying for my items and getting my loyalty card stamped, I received a £10 voucher, KERCHING!  Must be used within 6 months, so I may have to take another trip there very soon!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment